Good ol' Dad. Mower of lawn. Griller of burger. Wearer of cargo shorts. (Must to our dismay). Dad, who's needs are usually simple and is truly happy in those cargo shorts from 1993, he deserves better. We've recruited our token male in the office to help with picking the best gifts for Dad this Father's Day. No, Mike is not a dad. But we think he has pretty good taste after hanging out with Shauna and the crew for so long. His go-to store for cool stuff for dad? West Elm. Modern and moderately priced, it fits any budget and he'll be proud to show it off at the next guys night.
Metallic Base Decanter + Glassware Set Any man can have a bar. In fact, most men do. However, most men do not have a distinguished bar. This classic decanter and glassware set just screams CLASSY!
Deco Barware Collection - Nickel + Marble Have you ever heard someone brag about their bar tools? Neither have I. Until now. Check out this deco barware set. He’ll love it! Guaranteed!
Vintage Style Cooler Forget the generic Igloo. Keep drinks chilled in style with these vintage looking stainless steel coolers.
Gentleman's Hardware BBQ Tool Set Remember the Swiss Army knife? A bunch of tools all wrapped up in one tool. You have to see this concept applied to BBQ accessories. Pretty much the greatest Father’s Day present ever.
Deco Stacking Game Who doesn’t love Jenga? Throw in some alcoholic beverages to the mix and now you have a party. This upscale acrylic version of this classic game will absolutely entertain your discerning guests for hours.
Sonos PLAY 1: Wireless Speaker Compact in size (only 6.5" high!) but big on sound this wireless speaker brings the party where ever you are.
Matte Black Flatware Set Selfishly, I had to add this. The first time I saw this in the store, I wanted it. And it wasn’t even Father’s Day. This matte black flatware is definitely masculine while still emoting a strong sense of class. Give this set this year and it will be warmly received. Even better, you likely won’t find this at any of your friends’ homes.
Find more cool stuff for dad here.
This post contains affiliate links.
We know it's somewhat ironic to share a Mother's Day gift post with an audience that should be RECEIVING the gifts, not buying the gifts. But we also know how troublesome gift buying can be for the males in our lives so the least we can do is give you a list to give to them so they have a jumping off point. Chances are they can't go wrong walking in to Anthropologie, but in case your husband, son, etc needs some more specific direction, we've done the work for you.
Before we get in to the nitty gritty of this post, a little disclaimer. None of us here in the SGD office are fans of Valentine's Day. We don't celebrate, we don't expect a gift, we think it is a bit ridiculous and to be quite honest, our significant other should not need a day on the calendar to tell us how much we mean to them. I mean, do that on February 25th, or June 6th because you WANT to, not because there's a store full of pink and red overpriced flowers and crappy candy boxes that are making you feel obligated to.
BUT, we know that there are those of you out there who, well, feel otherwise. And the retail industry loves you and your significant others for spending loads of cash on gifts. It would be neglectful of us to not share with you some of our favorite things from Anthropologie that you can subtlely suggest to said person as the perfect thing to show you how much they love you.
At this point in the calendar, you are probably sick of all your winter clothes. So, these fun, springy accessories are just the thing to get you geared up for warmer weather.
Girls love stuff that smells good. Stuff for her body, stuff for her room, stuff for the shower. And you can't go wrong with these fragrances from Calypso St. Barth, our favorite art glass candle and lavender bath soaks. Throw in a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and she will be in heaven!
Easy, peasy dressing is your girl's best friend. That's why we love this kimono. Jeans and a white T just got way more interesting. This silk sleep set checks all the boxes for even non V-Day fans. Cute, cool and sexy. Way better than a sleep romper. Yes, that's a thing and I just can't even.
When it comes to stocking stuffers, there's no better place than Target. I admit to having a weakness for their Dollar Spot (Bullseye Playground) when hunting for cute, inexpensive things for college care packages. Yesterday, I found the most adorable Ugly Christmas Sweater Kit that I just had to get. (Apparently not available online, look for it next time you go.) So, finding stocking stuffers for under $10 was a piece of cake, especially with the easy filtering tools on the Target website. Seriously fun stuff for everyone in your family.
Stuff to make you pretty
Cool gadgety stuff
Fun and games stuff
Fun girly stuff
Happy Turkey Hangover Day! Happy Leftover Day! And most importantly, Happy Black Friday! We hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving with family and friends and are ready to find some time to chill out and relax a bit from the madness, and maybe do a little online shopping. Well, start your search engines, friends. We've compiled a list of the best online deals out there on the web AND solicited our favorite millenial women (Kalen's daughters) to put together our Friday Finds Gift Guide. Happy Shopping!
Best of Black Friday Sales
Macy's — 20% off Black Friday Sale with code BLKFRI & Free Shipping at $49. Valid 11/21-11/24.
Saks Fifth Avenue — Earn a $75 gift card with a $15+ purchase with code THANKFUL. Valid 11/22-11/23.
Urban Outfitters — Guy one get one 50% off the entire site. Valid 11/21-11/23.
Nordstrom — Up to 60% through Cyber Monday. Valid 11/22-11/26.
Topshop — Up to 50% off select items for Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Valid 11/21-11/27.
J. Crew — Take 40% off your entire purchase. Valid 11/19-11/26
Madewell — Enjoy 25% off your purchase with code DEALWITHIT. Valid 11/20 – 11/25.
Tory Burch — Up to 60% off sale styles + 30% on off purchases of $250+ with code THANKS. Valid 11/19 - 11/27.
Ann Taylor —50% off everything with code CYBER2018. Valid 11/25- 11/28.
These are just a handful of all the amazing deals out there, you really shouldn't pay full price for anything.
Now, as we mentioned, we know those millenials can be a tough crowd to shop for. And yes, a gift card is an easy alternative, but trust me when I tell you that they think highly of thoughtful gifts. Coats, bags and accessories are always a safe option because you don't have to worry too much about things not fitting. Our guest gift finders put this list together from Nordstrom.
1. Topshop Chunky Roll Neck Sweater. Cozy, festive, and can easily pair with distressed denim or a pleated skirt.
2. Franz Drop Earrings. Tortoise shell printed earrings add just the right texture and pattern to any solid colored outfit.
3. Tory Burch McGraw Crossbody Bag. You know how much we love color and this bag is the perfect size for all your essentials.
4. Blank NYC Suede Moto Jacket. A great alternative to the traditional black leather moto, although who would have ever guessed a moto jacket to be considered traditional.
5. Danielle Nicole Elia Belt Bag. Back in my day, this was a fanny pack. When you have crap to carry and can't be bothered with a purse, this cute belt bag is your best friend.
6. BB Dakota Elementary Plaid Coat. A blanket you can wear? yes please.
7. Marc Fisher LTD Sono Pointy Toe Mule. As stated perfectly by Sheridan, "Black leather mule, a staple in life."
8. Topshop Bodika Check Coat. Another great coat to get you in to the plaid trend. This time in a bold blue and red.
9. Cult Gaia Ark Earrings. Delicate gold and bamboo earrings add a natural texture to any outfit.
Need more gift ideas? Check out our Gifts for Her and Gifts for Him posts. Also, check out our Amazon Page for all of Shauna's favorite things.
We recruited the one and only male in our office to compile this week's Friday Finds. His direction was to pick a store, pick 9 things you'd want as a gift, and write something quippy. After a few edits for "visual presentation" purposes (really? A bed pillow?) Mike's picks, complete with commentary and selling features, are ready for publication. Everything available at West Elm.
1. Petrified Wood Coasters--Drink rings on tables are not sexy. Coasters are rarely referred to as such. However, these petrified wood coasters are both sexy and masculine. They make me want to pour a drink just to use them.
2. Native Maps City Prints--Seeing that you can’t hang your GPS on a wall, these various city maps make great art! These artist-inspired maps were created based on the nostalgia of the neighborhoods which make up the city. Pick your town and pick a color combination. Have it framed. Hang it on your wall. You’re welcome.
3. Revolve LED Table Lamp--What happens when lighting and art meet, fall in love and have a baby? This lamp is created.
4. Geo Waffle Organic Cotton Robe--This robe exudes coolness. It’s a word. I checked. You’ll feel like you are in a Five-star hotel or a high-end spa. In reality, you’re still under your roof.
5. Gramovox Floating Record Player--Is it possible to have a crush on a record player? The wood grain adds a sleek design element, not to mention, this record player is standing on its head. Guaranteed to be a conversation piece.
6. Rewind Barrel Candles--Men need things that smell good. A partner. Cologne. Fresh baked cookies. Candles are also a great addition. These barrel candles have a masculine visual appeal and various scents that stay away from the feminine side.
7. Parsons Floor Mirror--The holidays are a time to reflect. Nothing says “reflect” like a good, long look at yourself. You will be taller, skinnier and happier staring into this uber-cool, bone inlay mirror. And, as a guy, you’ve just upped your design game when visitors come over.
8. Nickel & Wood Barware--If James Bond was an interior designer and not a spy, there’s a pretty good chance he would own this barware. The use of metal and wood kicks up the “cool factor” by a thousand! This barware says he has taste, class and a certain “je ne sais quoi.”
9. Marled Basketweave Throw--Every guy needs a great throw. The weather is getting cooler and it’s officially becoming “snuggle” season. Your +1 will definitely appreciate this.
Check out our Gifts For Her post for more great gift ideas.
This post contains affiliate links.
Shauna has already started her gift shopping. Like 2 weeks ago. As far as she is concerned, the early bird gets the worm, and we wouldn't want to miss out on something fabulous selling out. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing with you our best gift ideas: Friday Finds. Today, gifts for her from one of our favorite stores, Anthropologie.
Having trouble finding something for the awesome father in your life? Look no further! We've put together some great ideas for Dad including travel gear, grilling essentials, stylish accessories and the best tech gadgets. Click on the photos to purchase the product.