Take it Outside
Here in Texas, we are currently in the sweet spot when it comes to being outside. The spring rains are over (hopefully), temperatures are not oppressive, and evening breezes are still somewhat cool. Last weekend it didn't even get out of the 60s so we're feeling pretty lucky so far this May. Perfect timing for Wayfair's outdoor sale. If you need completely new furniture, they've got the best quality at great prices. Yes, shopping Wayfair can be a bit overwhelming but they key is to focus on the reviews. We've never been disappointed on anything we've bought that has at least 4 stars. One of our favorite pieces is the Ariana Planter Bench. Like bringing your favorite park bench right to you own yard.
So, furniture, check. Now for the fun part. There's no reason why your outdoor space shouldn't be as fun and colorful as your indoor spaces. Rugs, wall decor, pillows, everything you have inside should be outside as well. These days, you'd be surprised at the quality of outdoor rugs and fabrics. Style AND durability. Because we know, the chances of you remembering to bring in the cushions before the next rain storm are slim. Check out our top outdoor decor picks to spruce up your space.
1. Natoli Plastic Planter--Yes! Plastic. And self watering. Because remembering to water plants is the hardest part.
2. Hawaiian Cone Garden Torch--A sleek update from the old school bamboo torches.
3. Tabb Floral Outdoor Rug--Our favorite color combo of navy, coral and aqua brightens up any patio space.
4. Patina Sun Wall Decor--Who says wall decor is only for indoors?
5. Bezu Melamine Platter Set--Inspired by Italian ceramics, and entirely outdoor safe.
6. Coral Melamine Plate Set--You'd never guess these were melamine with their look of handcrafted ceramics.
7. Gravesend Acrylic Glass Set--A set of 8 with the look of recycled glass.
8. Canyon Adara Wood Lantern--Add a touch of the modern with this woven wood and glass hurricane.
9. Fish Tales Coastal Napkins--Choose from three color stories or, buy one of each and mix and match.
10. Cherrelle Wood Spring Riviera Birdhouse--If Shauna was a bird, you can bet she would live in this house.
11. Sakura Garden Stool--We love garden stools anywhere in the home, but they are perfect for an outdoor end table.
12. Brierley Wind Chime--Drown out the sounds of fighting kids with these multi-colored capiz shells.
13. Mount Vernon Outdoor Chandelier--Create the perfect ambience for your next outdoor dinner party.
2019 Color of the Year
When we did a trend story on the color coral last year, we were not anticipating being so ahead of the design curve in our love affair with this color. Recently, Pantone announced it's Color of the Year for 2019 as Living Coral and we are a little bit giddy with the potential of new and fabulous products for our clients.
"PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral emits the desired, familiar, and energizing aspects of color found in nature. In its glorious, yet unfortunately more elusive, display beneath the sea, this vivifying and effervescent color mesmerizes the eye and mind. Lying at the center of our naturally vivid and chromatic ecosystem, PANTONE Living Coral is evocative of how coral reefs provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of color." --Pantone.com
So, naturally, this led us to check out some of our favorite resources to see what new and exciting coral pieces they have to offer. Enjoy!
Pillows are one of the easiest ways to update a space. We love this hair on hide pillow with the coral accent stitching. Coral and aqua have always played well together. This pillow is made to go outdoors but use it anywhere! The Kuba cloth pillow is a traditional African fabric that is one of our favorites from St. Frank.
It's no secret that we love colorful rugs. The Anamura Rug from Lulu & Georgia is the perfect balance to a neutral sofa.
Coral accents add a pop of color anywhere in your home. Tuck two of these garden stools under a console table for extra seating that can be pulled out anytime. This modern lamp from One Kings Lane is sleek and bold with its stylized Greek Key designed base. And we love this chinoiserie style mirror for a powder bath!
The Ariana Bedding from Ballard has detailed embroidery and finished off with tassel ends on duvet cover and pillow shams. Jump off from the coral or navy base with a plethora of colorful accent pillows.
Jazz up plain white dinnerware with these amazing tabletop pieces. We love Otomi patterns and well, in coral just makes us swoon. These plates are from Katie Kime and I need them now. Macrame fringe adds a boho vibe to the Darcy coral napkins from Lulu & Georgia. Lucite trays with a leopards on a coral background come in a variety of sizes and can be used in your living space or bedroom. Also from Katie Kime. Roar!
This post contains affiliate links.