Last month, we issued a call for all of your favorite gifts for mom for Mother's Day, and I have to say, it was one of our most popular posts. Such great products from both well-known retailers and small, independent businesses (who we know can take all the business we can throw their way!) So, to be fair to Dad, we asked again for your favorite gifts for that special man in your life. And while the overwhelming answer was "he just wants to take a nap", we did get some great gift ideas that can be COMBINED with time for a nap to make his day even that more special.
STYLIN DAD--he can always use a little helping hand when it comes to the wardrobe. Colorful summer shirts from Bonobos and the Anson Belt Gift Box with an assortment of adjustable belts and buckles keep him presentable on date night. Workouts are also way more chic with the Pace Short from Lululemon.
SELF CARE DAD--They all love the gadgets, and the Theragun Therapy Gun checks all the boxes. And help him keep his side of the bathroom tidy with a stylish Dopp kit from Jon Hart.
CHEF DAD--Specializing in all things cooked outdoors, the Ooni pizza oven will be the star of the next neighborhood cookout. Grill Trays from Williams Sonoma make it easy to safely prep and cook that big ol' steak.
HARD TO SHOP FOR DAD--He likes the eccentric, different, special stuff that he would never spend the money on himself. Coles Woodworks is a local artist who makes trays, shelves, coasters and probably anything else you can dream up. For hanging in the pool, spend the money on these virtually indestructible Pool Floats from Frontgate that will last well beyond this season (model not included). And for scooting down to the wine store, the micro-scooter from Sidewalker USA will seriously make all the guys in the neighborhood jealous.
For those of you who have lost track of months, weeks, or days, it's June 12, 2020 and Father's Day is a little over a week away. I daresay that Dads who have been working from home these last few months have gone above and beyond juggling work, kids, home life, honey-do lists, etc and may deserve a little more love and attention than in past years.
We have always been big fans of the products sold by Uncommon Goods, primarily because they sell designs made by independent artisans. These days it is more important than ever to support small businesses and artists so we are 100% on board. Check out our picks for great gifts for Dad.
FOOD AND DRINK
FUN AND GAMES
OUT & ABOUT
And just because we, as significant others and children, take on SOME of the responsibility of making sure Dad always looks his best, some fresh summer looks from Bonobos will keep his style game on point.
Poor guys. It's always a sweater. Or another pair of socks. I read in a book recently a letter the male author wrote to his wife about what guys really want and the answer could be summed up to be "anything that has an on/off switch or needs batteries". His wife replied that their vacuum cleaner had been acting up and well, that fit his description to a T! NO! We are not advocating getting the man in your life a vacuum cleaner. Although those Roombas are pretty bad ass. But we DO have some pretty sweet sweaters and socks mixed in with gadgety and techy and one-of-a-kind finds for your special guy. Check out more of our gifts for him in our Shop page, and click here if you missed our Gifts for Her post.
This post contains affiliate links and we are compensated for purchases made through these links.
Good ol' Dad. Mower of lawn. Griller of burger. Wearer of cargo shorts. (Must to our dismay). Dad, who's needs are usually simple and is truly happy in those cargo shorts from 1993, he deserves better. We've recruited our token male in the office to help with picking the best gifts for Dad this Father's Day. No, Mike is not a dad. But we think he has pretty good taste after hanging out with Shauna and the crew for so long. His go-to store for cool stuff for dad? West Elm. Modern and moderately priced, it fits any budget and he'll be proud to show it off at the next guys night.
Metallic Base Decanter + Glassware Set Any man can have a bar. In fact, most men do. However, most men do not have a distinguished bar. This classic decanter and glassware set just screams CLASSY!
Deco Barware Collection - Nickel + Marble Have you ever heard someone brag about their bar tools? Neither have I. Until now. Check out this deco barware set. He’ll love it! Guaranteed!
Vintage Style Cooler Forget the generic Igloo. Keep drinks chilled in style with these vintage looking stainless steel coolers.
Gentleman's Hardware BBQ Tool Set Remember the Swiss Army knife? A bunch of tools all wrapped up in one tool. You have to see this concept applied to BBQ accessories. Pretty much the greatest Father’s Day present ever.
Deco Stacking Game Who doesn’t love Jenga? Throw in some alcoholic beverages to the mix and now you have a party. This upscale acrylic version of this classic game will absolutely entertain your discerning guests for hours.
Sonos PLAY 1: Wireless Speaker Compact in size (only 6.5" high!) but big on sound this wireless speaker brings the party where ever you are.
Matte Black Flatware Set Selfishly, I had to add this. The first time I saw this in the store, I wanted it. And it wasn’t even Father’s Day. This matte black flatware is definitely masculine while still emoting a strong sense of class. Give this set this year and it will be warmly received. Even better, you likely won’t find this at any of your friends’ homes.
Find more cool stuff for dad here.
This post contains affiliate links.
We recruited the one and only male in our office to compile this week's Friday Finds. His direction was to pick a store, pick 9 things you'd want as a gift, and write something quippy. After a few edits for "visual presentation" purposes (really? A bed pillow?) Mike's picks, complete with commentary and selling features, are ready for publication. Everything available at West Elm.
1. Petrified Wood Coasters--Drink rings on tables are not sexy. Coasters are rarely referred to as such. However, these petrified wood coasters are both sexy and masculine. They make me want to pour a drink just to use them.
2. Native Maps City Prints--Seeing that you can’t hang your GPS on a wall, these various city maps make great art! These artist-inspired maps were created based on the nostalgia of the neighborhoods which make up the city. Pick your town and pick a color combination. Have it framed. Hang it on your wall. You’re welcome.
3. Revolve LED Table Lamp--What happens when lighting and art meet, fall in love and have a baby? This lamp is created.
4. Geo Waffle Organic Cotton Robe--This robe exudes coolness. It’s a word. I checked. You’ll feel like you are in a Five-star hotel or a high-end spa. In reality, you’re still under your roof.
5. Gramovox Floating Record Player--Is it possible to have a crush on a record player? The wood grain adds a sleek design element, not to mention, this record player is standing on its head. Guaranteed to be a conversation piece.
6. Rewind Barrel Candles--Men need things that smell good. A partner. Cologne. Fresh baked cookies. Candles are also a great addition. These barrel candles have a masculine visual appeal and various scents that stay away from the feminine side.
7. Parsons Floor Mirror--The holidays are a time to reflect. Nothing says “reflect” like a good, long look at yourself. You will be taller, skinnier and happier staring into this uber-cool, bone inlay mirror. And, as a guy, you’ve just upped your design game when visitors come over.
8. Nickel & Wood Barware--If James Bond was an interior designer and not a spy, there’s a pretty good chance he would own this barware. The use of metal and wood kicks up the “cool factor” by a thousand! This barware says he has taste, class and a certain “je ne sais quoi.”
9. Marled Basketweave Throw--Every guy needs a great throw. The weather is getting cooler and it’s officially becoming “snuggle” season. Your +1 will definitely appreciate this.
Check out our Gifts For Her post for more great gift ideas.
This post contains affiliate links.
Having trouble finding something for the awesome father in your life? Look no further! We've put together some great ideas for Dad including travel gear, grilling essentials, stylish accessories and the best tech gadgets. Click on the photos to purchase the product.