Good ol' Dad. Mower of lawn. Griller of burger. Wearer of cargo shorts. (Must to our dismay). Dad, who's needs are usually simple and is truly happy in those cargo shorts from 1993, he deserves better. We've recruited our token male in the office to help with picking the best gifts for Dad this Father's Day. No, Mike is not a dad. But we think he has pretty good taste after hanging out with Shauna and the crew for so long. His go-to store for cool stuff for dad? West Elm. Modern and moderately priced, it fits any budget and he'll be proud to show it off at the next guys night.
Metallic Base Decanter + Glassware Set Any man can have a bar. In fact, most men do. However, most men do not have a distinguished bar. This classic decanter and glassware set just screams CLASSY!
Deco Barware Collection - Nickel + Marble Have you ever heard someone brag about their bar tools? Neither have I. Until now. Check out this deco barware set. He’ll love it! Guaranteed!
Vintage Style Cooler Forget the generic Igloo. Keep drinks chilled in style with these vintage looking stainless steel coolers.
Gentleman's Hardware BBQ Tool Set Remember the Swiss Army knife? A bunch of tools all wrapped up in one tool. You have to see this concept applied to BBQ accessories. Pretty much the greatest Father’s Day present ever.
Deco Stacking Game Who doesn’t love Jenga? Throw in some alcoholic beverages to the mix and now you have a party. This upscale acrylic version of this classic game will absolutely entertain your discerning guests for hours.
Sonos PLAY 1: Wireless Speaker Compact in size (only 6.5" high!) but big on sound this wireless speaker brings the party where ever you are.
Matte Black Flatware Set Selfishly, I had to add this. The first time I saw this in the store, I wanted it. And it wasn’t even Father’s Day. This matte black flatware is definitely masculine while still emoting a strong sense of class. Give this set this year and it will be warmly received. Even better, you likely won’t find this at any of your friends’ homes.
Find more cool stuff for dad here.
This post contains affiliate links.
We recruited the one and only male in our office to compile this week's Friday Finds. His direction was to pick a store, pick 9 things you'd want as a gift, and write something quippy. After a few edits for "visual presentation" purposes (really? A bed pillow?) Mike's picks, complete with commentary and selling features, are ready for publication. Everything available at West Elm.
1. Petrified Wood Coasters--Drink rings on tables are not sexy. Coasters are rarely referred to as such. However, these petrified wood coasters are both sexy and masculine. They make me want to pour a drink just to use them.
2. Native Maps City Prints--Seeing that you can’t hang your GPS on a wall, these various city maps make great art! These artist-inspired maps were created based on the nostalgia of the neighborhoods which make up the city. Pick your town and pick a color combination. Have it framed. Hang it on your wall. You’re welcome.
3. Revolve LED Table Lamp--What happens when lighting and art meet, fall in love and have a baby? This lamp is created.
4. Geo Waffle Organic Cotton Robe--This robe exudes coolness. It’s a word. I checked. You’ll feel like you are in a Five-star hotel or a high-end spa. In reality, you’re still under your roof.
5. Gramovox Floating Record Player--Is it possible to have a crush on a record player? The wood grain adds a sleek design element, not to mention, this record player is standing on its head. Guaranteed to be a conversation piece.
6. Rewind Barrel Candles--Men need things that smell good. A partner. Cologne. Fresh baked cookies. Candles are also a great addition. These barrel candles have a masculine visual appeal and various scents that stay away from the feminine side.
7. Parsons Floor Mirror--The holidays are a time to reflect. Nothing says “reflect” like a good, long look at yourself. You will be taller, skinnier and happier staring into this uber-cool, bone inlay mirror. And, as a guy, you’ve just upped your design game when visitors come over.
8. Nickel & Wood Barware--If James Bond was an interior designer and not a spy, there’s a pretty good chance he would own this barware. The use of metal and wood kicks up the “cool factor” by a thousand! This barware says he has taste, class and a certain “je ne sais quoi.”
9. Marled Basketweave Throw--Every guy needs a great throw. The weather is getting cooler and it’s officially becoming “snuggle” season. Your +1 will definitely appreciate this.
Check out our Gifts For Her post for more great gift ideas.
This post contains affiliate links.
Having trouble finding something for the awesome father in your life? Look no further! We've put together some great ideas for Dad including travel gear, grilling essentials, stylish accessories and the best tech gadgets. Click on the photos to purchase the product.