The Urban Outfitters you probably know sells retro albums, incense burners and graphic tees to the 25 and under crowd. But did you know that they also have a Home collection? And it's not only for teenage bedrooms and college apartments. The younger sibling to Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters carries on the boho, vintage inspired aesthetic at a more reasonable price point and we are constantly impressed by the merchandise they sell. Here are some of our favorites:
Also, don't miss their Sale section for super great end-of-season deals!
This post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated for purchases made via these links.
For those of you who have lost track of months, weeks, or days, it's June 12, 2020 and Father's Day is a little over a week away. I daresay that Dads who have been working from home these last few months have gone above and beyond juggling work, kids, home life, honey-do lists, etc and may deserve a little more love and attention than in past years.
We have always been big fans of the products sold by Uncommon Goods, primarily because they sell designs made by independent artisans. These days it is more important than ever to support small businesses and artists so we are 100% on board. Check out our picks for great gifts for Dad.
FOOD AND DRINK
FUN AND GAMES
OUT & ABOUT
And just because we, as significant others and children, take on SOME of the responsibility of making sure Dad always looks his best, some fresh summer looks from Bonobos will keep his style game on point.
Well, it's our first Friday Finds for 2020 and no surprise that one of the first retailers we go to to check out what's new is Anthropologie. Seems so odd that Winter formally just started less than a month ago, yet as soon as we are in to the new year, we have Spring on the mind. Fresh start, New Year, and all that I suspect. You'll notice that the earthy, desert tones we talked about in our Fall 2019 trend blog are still front and center for spring, although a bit dustier and more muted than their saturated Fall sisters. Yes, it's a nod to the 70s which I guess makes all of us Gen Xers happy as we are the ones with the biggest spending power. Ahh, the Avocado Green of our childhood, we thought we'd never see you again. Anyway, if you are looking for something to spruce up your room now that all the holiday decor has been taken down and it looks a bit naked, here are some of our favorite picks. Oh, and everything but the art is under $100. Click the images to shop.
1. Angelle Shower Curtain $58
2. Handpainted Bird Mugs $14 each
3. Venezia Vases $28 each
4. Kai Melamine Bento Box $14
5. Olive Wood Cheese Board $88
6. Tufted Janina Bath Mat $54
7. Senna Flutes, Set of 4 $40
8.Fruit Dish Towels, Set of 3 $28
9. Frida Wall Art $178
10. Hand-Embroidered Rae Pillow $88
11. Woven Waffle Throw $78
Looking for some bargains? Save an additional 40% on all Sale at Anthro. Good stuff, y'all. Limited time only.
This post contains affiliate links and we are compensated for purchases made via these links.
If you didn't have plans to shop this Memorial Day Weekend, well, you might want to reconsider. The number of sales going on this weekend are staggering and with summer just around the corner, it's a good time to spruce up not only your home and patio but your wardrobe as well. Shop our favorite picks from Anthropologie (extra 40% off sale), Madewell (20% off dresses and sandals with code PERFECTMATCH), and Pottery Barn (up to 50% off outdoor).
Sales run through Monday. Happy Weekend, be safe. Don't shoot anyone.
this post contains affiliate links
Our latest Friday Finds from Anthropologie are just the remedy for these chilly February days. Hope you enjoyed those few days in the mid 70s, they will return, we promise. In the meantime, freshen up your home with these bright, beautiful finds.
The big news in the retail and home decor world this week was the release of exclusive prints of the Beatles from Crate and Barrel. Kitschy prints are right up our alley. Just take a look at Shauna's dining room. In addition to the 21 Beatles prints, this week's edition of Friday Finds includes some other great new products we are buying for clients' homes. Super fun pops of color that won't cost you an arm and a leg are the perfect cure to gloomy winter days.
1. Beatles Portrait Wall Art--This is marketed for a kid's room but honestly, we love the colors and style so much it's way too cool for a kid's room.
2. Carmen Multicolored Pillow--Folk Art inspired embroidered pillow in a cute 12x18 size.
3. Mohave Striped Baskets--Something every home needs, more storage and something black and white. These soft sided baskets check all the boxes.
4. Mireya Vases--Handcrafted terra cotta vases from Portugal are finished with a crazed glazing in every color under the sun. A great excuse to go buy yourself some flowers.
5. Este Floral Napkin--We are pretty sure designer Este Mcleod is our sister from another mister. Seriously, we want everything in this collection, but if you can only buy one thing, a set of these napkins are sure to make you smile.
6. Este Ceramics--Am I right? So adorable. Trivet, measuring cups, spoon rest and measuring spoons with fruits, flowers, birds. I can't even.
7.Caprice Mod Medallion Dinnerware--So, these are melamine. Meaning unbreakable. Safe for the kids. Or to use outside. Or for grownups who are accident prone.
8. Allende Velvet Lumbar Pillow--I love this oversized lumbar pillow. 36"! It's all you need for your sofa or bed to make it fresh and new.
9. The Beatles-Revolver Album Cover Print--Designed by artist Klaus Voorman, it is probably one of the best of all the Beatles album covers.
Also don't miss the Bedding and Bath Sale going on now at Crate & Barrel. Ends January 21.
This post contains affiliate links.